Take Our Current Survey
Answer a few quick question about how things are going in your marriage bed
Introduction to the Journey:
About The Author:
Click the arrow to show/hide series
On Being One Flesh
The Audacity of the Bridal Paradigm
The Path of Intimacy
Shame and Intimacy
Grace In Marriage
- My Marriage Beliefs
- What If...?
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2011 (83)
- ► 2010 (102)
About (18) Accountability (4) Authority (47) Awards (1) Being One Flesh (72) Blog Links (73) Blogging (33) Books (17) Children (10) Commitment (18) Communication (36) Differences (32) Difficulties (47) Downloads (3) Dress for Success (6) Faith (3) Family Life (34) Finances (3) Friday Freebies (5) Giveaways (11) Glory (4) Goals (29) Grace (35) Guest Post (4) Headship (10) Intimacy (133) Intimacy Challenge (21) Kindness (4) Love (78) Man-up Monday (17) Marriage (88) Men (47) Men Only Monday (6) Needs (4) Paradigm in Practice (22) Passion (20) Positivity (17) Prayer (16) Resources (16) Respect (10) Roles (8) Romance (38) Romantic Ideas (20) RRR (17) Sex (57) Shame (8) Society and Culture (43) Songs (1) Spiritual Life (86) Submission (38) Surrender (31) Surveys and Polls (23) The Bridal Paradigm (72) The Church (16) Transparency (17) True Love (9) Truth in Tension (3) Videos (7) Watchfulness (38) What If? (5) Wives only Wednesday (17) Women (35)
Monday, January 30, 2012
With a little creativity and boldness, plus a few dollars, you can create your own in-home luxury spa experience for your sweetheart. This one, guys, is a guaranteed hit! And truthfully, even if you have the funds, there are definite fringe benefits to making your own homemade spa, if you know what I mean.
The presentation is important, because it tells her right off that you went to some degree of effort on her behalf. It also tells her that something special is about to happen. I’ll give you a few options in how you present your spa gift to your wife.
First, create your own spa gift certificate on the computer. If you aren’t the creative type, just use a Google images search for “Spa Certificate Template.” You will only have 1.8 million search results to choose from. Of course, you’ll want to personalize it as much as possible.
However you decide to present the gift, you want the connotation of luxury and indulgence.
Setting the Environment
I’ve never been to an actual spa, but I assume they have a nice, relaxing ambiance. And that’s the environment you want to set.
Start off with a taste treat for her. Take her somewhere that she likes to relax. In any event it should be somewhere besides the kitchen table. Make some tea or coffee and serve it to her along with a small tray of her favorite goodies. Candles and music are a nice touch, or you can save those for later.
Tell her just to relax and enjoy the goodies while you go make the final preparations for the rest of her “spa visit.”
Spoil Her All Over
Exactly what you include in her spa experience is up to you, but be sure to consider her preferences in planning what you do. Here’s a list of possible ideas:
- A warm bath – Use her favorite bath oil. Offer to wash her back or even all over. Dry her yourself with a towel warmed in the dryer. Bring her a nice robe.
- Foot massage – options include an exfoliating foot scrub or using some pre-warmed massage oil. Take your time. Include her ankles and calves.
- Facial Cleansing Mask – These kits are available in most drug stores. You can incorporate this as part of the bath or put in on before you do the foot massage.
- Fully body massage – use some pre-warmed massage oil or her favorite scented lotion (oil provides longer-lasting lubrication for a thorough massage). Check out Paul Byerly’s (The Generous Husband) great post on non-sexual massage.
- Face brushing – have her lay on her back and close her eyes. Then use a collection of different sized make-up brushes all over her face and neck and wherever else she might like the sensation of hundreds of tiny, silky-soft bristles.
- Manicure and/or Pedicure – if you are feeling brave, try to paint her fingernails and/or toenails with the color of her choosing. If it doesn’t turn out (and mine never do) it’s still fun and usually good for a laugh.
- Sensual massage – The big benefit of doing the spa at home, in addition to saving a ton of money, is that at any time during this spa the experience things can turn into something more intimate and sexually explicit. Paul has a couple of other useful posts on Sexual Massage and Orgasmic Massage that you should check out.
Saying "I Love You" Loud and Clear
As much as your wife will love the spa experience itself, what she’ll enjoy even more is the way this gift is a living example of your servant-hearted love for her. In a loud and clear way, this gift will make her feel cared for, pampered, cherished and very intimate with you.
Check out more Romantic Ideas for more inspiration!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It’s Not Too Late!
There are only six more days left to for entries in our free romantic dinner giveaway! Click on over and see how you can increase your chances of winning by helping to spread the word about Journey to Surrender and by sharing your own romantic Valentine’s Day stories.
Even if you aren’t interested in the giveaway, be sure to stop by and read the all comments where our readers share their many romantic Valentine’s Day experiences.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Facebook page! It’s got lots of extra marriage-related stuff like videos, links, news stories, and conversations not found on my blog. Come on over and let’s meet up!
Connect With Us
Subscribe by email and never miss a post!
New subscribers will receive a free copy of my special report:
What Husbands and Wives Need Most
Don't miss this intriguing report!
Facebook page has lots of extra marriage-related stuff not found on my blog.
FREE! Intimacy Download
Sign up for my monthly Pathways Newsletter and get this free download! It's a newly expanded and updated edition of my very popular "Romantic Connections" that thousands have downloaded. Don't miss out on this great new resource or on my intimacy building newsletter!!